June 18, 2007

The day I ate chicken and other food tales...

Well, Sunday June 17 will be a day my parents rejoice and I feel kinda weird about. After 7 years as a vege I ate chicken. Two mouthfuls and yes it was premeditated.

The recipe was Parmesan Chicken - torn by Nana from the March 1995 issue of Australian Women's Weekly. The making of this dish has been several weeks in the planning (or is that psyching) and a wet, rainy day was the decider.
Neil made mash (being English he's something of an expert) and I made some Mushroom Ragout to supplement my foray into cannibalism.
And the verdict? Chicken tastes like... well, nothing really. The crust was tasty though.

It was a perfect end to a day in the kitchen in which Ginger Kisses (so-so) and Red Lentil Soup (a new regular) played the role of amuse buche.


No comments: